SHC Search

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Rear Out

Zach gave me a hand this morning, and we pulled out the rear on the Chevelle in order to prep it up for the rear disk brakes. He said, "Man, I'm gonna be sore tomorrow." It was pretty easy though, just remove the e-brake cables, brake lines, 4 bolts and the shocks.

Speaking of shocks, check out these bad boys....air shocks! The trick zip-tie brake line brackets were NOT my work. We figured out that the rear was probably out of another vehicle, I'll run the numbers when I get a chance. It is a 3.08 posi though! I scrapped off about 3 pounds of dirt from the center section, and then pulled the brakes and backing plates off.

You can see where the previous owner ran out of POR-15, just before the rear on the frame. As soon as I get a chance, I'll finish the frame.

No comments: