SHC Search

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Front Brakes


Today I finished tearing off the old drum brakes, and installed the new disk brakes. Mr. King stopped by and provided some welcome company as I bolted on the new system, and was surprised on how nice the brake kit was. It took three hours to casually do the first side, and about an hour to do the second. Despite what the instructions say, it is much easier to break down the old drum brakes and remove the steering arms while they are on the car. I'll start on the power booster and master cylinder next while waiting for the brake lines to arrive. I even had enough time today to paint the engine block Chevy Orange.


I found some videos on the web for disk brake conversions for the front here, and the rear. They are not the exact same kits as mine, but close enough.

No comments: