SHC Search

Sunday, April 19, 2009

E-Town Spring Swap Meet '09

You could say that the Spring 2009 Englishtown swap meet was a sucess! I was able to accomplish much with very little cash, and even had time to throw it all on the car. The weather this weekend has been great (so far), and I ran down to Raceway Park with Jimmy on Friday to pick up all I could on my list....some chrome, an alternator bracket, Cast Blast paint, an electric fan, hoses etc. Unfortunately, Ausley's Chevelle parts sold me a big block alternator spacer, so I had to return on Saturday morning and get my $$$ back. It was a good thing though, because I found the correct part used for only $2, and then also found the transmission linkage spring I needed for $5 (including the arm, which I don't need). That's the best part about the swap meet....sorting through boxes and tarps of strewn old rusty, greasy parts, looking for that impossible to buy new item. Then trying to get it away from the seller without paying a fortune for that piece of "unobtainium".

Tom, Tom L. and John all stopped by this afternoon while I was putting some more attention to the trans lines and water pump brackets. Tom L. offered me some interior pieces, because his '72 is going from green to black on the interior. Thanks Tom! I haven't really given much thought to the interior, other than removing the stereo & auxiliary heater, and making sure my throttle and brake pedals are working properly.

The throttle cable and return spring required a bit of fabrication and modification to the brackets and air cleaner base, nothing that an hour with the cut off wheel, vice and hammer couldn't handle. I also cut down the water pump pulley bolts, as we now don't need the spacer or flex fan. Most of the engine is ready, with the exception of the wiring, distributor, hoses and radiator. We will see how things go tomorrow.

No comments: