SHC Search

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Booster & Radiator

I installed the brake booster and prepped the front lines yesterday. All easy stuff, except the return spring under the dash for the brake pedal....what a pain that was! It probably took me 30-40 minutes, so I figured while I was under there, I'd remove the stereo and auxiliary heater. The new aluminum radiator came in, and it looks great!

I also removed the trunk battery cables and started cleaning up the wiring mess. I noticed that the yellow wire running to the "R" post on the starter was still hooked to the ignition circuit, although it was burned to a crisp and exposed nearly the entire length! You don't need that with HEI ignition! I also don't know why the external voltage regulator is still there, as the previous owner had a newer alternator installed. I'll run the wire bypass as described here. I don't trust anything from the previous owners, so I'm most likely going to pick up a new alternator this week too.

I think I'm ready to slap the motor and trans together, now that I have all the bolts needed, and slide it in to the car. Once they are in, I car pull the rear end, and finish the brakes.

No comments: