SHC Search

Friday, April 24, 2009

Axel Job

I pulled the axles today in order to remove the drum brake backing plates. I could have just cut the backing plates off with the sawzall... but where is the fun in that? The "C" clips were a piece of cake. I cleaned up the axles, painted the ends, and wire wheeled the rest of the differential and entire rear frame and suspension. Hopefully tomorrow I"ll get up early and paint it all with POR-15.

The brake assembly was test fit, and looks great. I cant wait to get the rear back in with the new disk.
I saw a quote on a Chevelle site that I liked. "Don't tell me what your going to do, show me what you've done." I should apply that to this blog! Another one I liked was "If it doesn't fit, force it. If it brakes, it probably needed to be replaced anyway." That one is funny, but not so true...at least not for me.

No comments: