SHC Search

Sunday, November 02, 2014

My 1971 Chevelle

So, I traded the 1971 Chevelle for the pickup, and it was now hanging out in Texas. The car needed nothing mechanical, but I was getting worried about the condition of the body from being outside all these years. I had spent a lot of time making it nice, and I really didn't want to go through all that body work and paint again if I didn't have space in the garage to keep it looking nice. That was the main reason to go for the trade. I had traded the Buell for the Chevelle, and I really didn't have much money tied up in it. I certainly made a few bucks on the trade in value.

The new owners of the Chevelle decided to repaint her, and lay down the famous Chevelle stripes that Zach always wanted. It eventually sold for $17,999, or so it said on their web site at Classic Car Liquidators. They made it an SS clone by adding the badges on the front grille and read bumper, but it didn't look like they touched the interior or powertrain. All I know is that the new owner will surely enjoy that car, she ran great!

They even posted a video on YouTube!

No comments: