SHC Search

Tuesday, November 04, 2014

3100 Truck Heater

Take a look at this nice smooth firewall, wouldn't it be a shame to cut a hole in it? Well, I had to cut two , because there was no heater in this truck...so I made two holes for the 5/8" heater hoses and the new Mojave heater system. The unit is basically a small heater core with an electric fan built in, and there is a secondary plenum with three vents. 
Two are directional, and the third is used to hook up the duct work for the defroster. I installed two new defroster ducts and hoses prior to going any further. 
I was able to pull back the carpet and expose the original firewall. Luckily I could weld on four bolts to the firewall without it effecting the nice painted side in the engine compartment.
 Then I simply mounted the heater, cut two holes for the 5/8" heater hoses and grommets, wired it up and installed the switch in the existing hole in the dash. Now the truck has HEAT!

No comments: