SHC Search

Sunday, April 29, 2012

CB450 clean up

I almost lost my mind trying to figure out a way to get the front brake pad un-stuck from the caliper on the CB450. I tried for hours/days with little success, then went to Fisher Machine. Bobby wasn't able to budge it either, and he recommended we drill it from the back and simply push it out, but I could only find one replacement on eBay for $699, so that wasn't going to happen. Then I went to see Chris at Ace Motorsports, and we just tapped the holes I drilled, and ran some bolts through to push the pad out. It was almost too easy.
As I wait for my part to arrive, I stripped almost everything off the bike, cleaned and painted the frame black (not shown in this photo). I pulled the rear wheel, and will bring it to the Honda dealer along with the front wheel in order to get my new tires installed this week.

No comments: