SHC Search

Friday, April 13, 2012

'66 Chevele - SOLD

It saddens me to report that the '66 Chevelle has been sold, and has left the SHC garage. I really wanted this car, but truthfully I just didn't want to make the investment of time and money required to complete it. Zach likes the '71 Chevelle better, so he will get that for his first car and I will probably get a little cafe racer to keep me happy this summer.

I received dozens of calls for the Chevelle ad from six states (yeah, probably should have asked for more $$$), and one in particular was a pleasant surprise.
Craig and I spoke about the Chevelle, our old Buells, and his ’79 Suzuki GS550 project. His objective was to build the bike for the least amount of $ as possible – just a personal goal he set out seeing if it could be done. Admittedly, he cut some corners here and there(skateboard seat pan instead of purchased fiberglass molded) and bartered for some parts(clubman handlebars, etc..). "I’ve just about taken it as far as I want – probably build a seat pad for it soon, but believe it or not, the skateboard kinda conforms to my butt and is pretty comfortable. I may look for something else shortly."

I am inspired, thanks
Craig!

No comments: