SHC Search

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Cafe Racer Pinata

I've been so busy working on the cafe racer, I forgot to blog about it. Let's see, I finally got the new tires installed at the local Honda dealer, and now the bike is back on the ground again. I was calling it my "cafe-racer pinata", because it was hanging from my engine hoist for the past week. The tank has been stripped of paint, and then I got to work on the inside of the tank. I filled it with a box of drywall screws, and shook it up for 10 minutes, then followed it up with a nice acid wash. It was like new inside! Then I coated the inside with the Caswell epoxy tank sealer and let it dry. This stuff is awesome, and I know I will not have any leaks or issues with the tank now.

Today I installed the new chain, although I think I could have left an extra link in there, because it is just a bit short...hopefully it will stretch some. Then I fabricated up the brackets for the new mufflers, and put them on. Oh, I almost forgot about the new gators for the front forks, they look sweet! My seat pan came in, and I'll be working on that soon too.

No comments: