SHC Search

Monday, August 17, 2009

Done Painting

The Chevelle is now black...shiny and black. I had everything ready last night, the car was masked and the garage ready to shoot. I woke up early, ran up to Kemperle to get the high-temp basemaker for the basecoat, and was back home with the garage at 80 degrees. Perfect. I was just starting the first coat, when two guys showed up looking to get their car painted. Thank god Tommy was here to help keep them out of the garage. I'll have to call them back to see what they want painted.

After the two coats of base black, I had to run back to the paint shop again to get the correct clear activator. Then I got three coats of clear on everything, and it looks ok. There are some rough spots to be wet sanded, and of course the black shows every flaw. Now to go to wetsanding class from McGuire's.

No comments: