SHC Search

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Filling & Sanding

I went to the track last night with the Lawn Dude to watch the wagon run in the "Mean Street" competition. The weather was terrible, hot and muggy, and everyone was running way slow. It didn't really matter that we went out in the first round, we got rained out after the second round anyway.

So, my usual routine of Saturday afternoon sanding and filling was somewhat productive, as you can see from the pics. I'm having some difficulty with the passenger side quarter panel, nothing I did, but trying to clean up the previous body work in the area. I almost have it, I think maybe a little more block sanding could show me the last bit of filler I might need, or if I'm lucky and the guide coat shows me good news, just some more primer filler. Speaking of primer, I ran out of my Dupont 4004 2K, so I picked up some PPG (they were out of my Dupont 2K) at a whopping $79 for a qt w/activator! DAMN! I hope that it works well and covers a lot, because I am out of $$$ and still need to get basecoat and clear.

I wasted about an hour looking for some pics online of just how the window molding clips go on. After I couldn't find any, I just took a clip to the car and figured it out myself. It can only go one way, so I really felt like an idiot, and should have just done that first. Probably been breathing too many paint fumes to think clearly.

No comments: