SHC Search

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Wiring Fixed

It was raining this morning, so I figured I'd order some shocks online and take it easy, but by noon the sun came out and I was working on the wiring. I removed the external regulator, and all the TCS wiring and switches, because I don't have most of it anyway. I took the extra time and soldered my connections and even shrink wrapped and taped everything real nice. I also finished connecting the vacuum hoses for the distributor, trans and PCV.



Then I pulled the heater box cover, tested the fan and checked the heater core for leaks. Everything works great! I thought I needed to order the seal for the box cover, but I learned I just needed to use some seam sealer on the firewall and box cover.

I installed the radiator support, and test fit the radiator. Just for fun, I threw on the fender to see what it looked like. The front sits pretty high, a bit over 29 inches from the ground to the wheel opening. Looks like I'll be cutting those springs, but after the car is running I think. I also need to remember to pick up R45TS spark plugs and power steering fluid for the pump I finally remembered to hook up today.

No comments: