SHC Search

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

New front end

I finally finished putting the brake components in, the master cylinder, proportioning block, calipers and lines. Then I started to mock up the front end with all the new Goodmark sheetmetal that's been taking up all my free space in the garage. WOW, you should see the pile of cardboard I threw out tonight, and all the room I have in the shop now! I had to work the front edge of the right fender a bit with the body hammer and dolly, and it looks like the rear edge of the hood will need a bit of the same. I shimmed up the same fender a bit and adjusted the fender/door/hood edge to a barely acceptable starting point. Even though I hear how good the new fender and hood are, I can tell that it is going to take a lot of work to get this looking right.

I found that the new electric fan will mount up using the stock holes in the upper radiator mount, all I have to do is fabricate a lower bracket. I also have to finish wiring up the fan and relay, all I have so far is the temp sender in the head.


No comments: