SHC Search

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Rain over

It's been raining ALL WEEK, with hardly a break to go outside and get something done. I did manage to spend a few minutes Saturday morning to prime the oil system, set the engine to TDC and install the distributor, wires and plugs. I also stopped at Inman Auto and picked up a bit of seam sealer strip caulk for the heater box, and the power steering fluid. I fabricated up a quick plastic coupling for the electric drill out of some PVC and used it to prime the power steering pump as I added the fluid. It seemed to work pretty good!

I plugged up the hole on the firewall with a rubber grommet and a little seam sealer, and removed the front seat and carpet. I also pulled the rubber mat out from underneath the carpet....that's going to the trash.

The next thing I need to do is finish installing the brakes by bench bleeding the master cylinder and attach the lines. After that, I can install the rear shocks, radiator hoses, front sheet metal and start it! Oh, wait, I still need a battery and cables yet! Damn.......

No comments: