SHC Search

Monday, January 05, 2009

Chevelle Machine Work


I called Bobby today to talk about the machine work on the small block Chevy, and he was curious as to why 4 of the pistons were installed backwards in the block! He asked me if it was running OK like that, and ironically I told him it was even raced hard that way. I never pulled the pistons out, but someone must have...glad I am having him do the rebuild!

He wanted to show me all the new parts that are going in to the rebuild, check out the pile of parts!

Here is a pic of my new pistons, which should be about 9:1 compression. Since the block had never been bored out, a .030 job will do nicely! We figure about 325 horsepower for the new motor with plenty of touque.


Here is a pic of my block and heads fresh out of the cleaning tank. They haven't had any of the machine work done yet, but they look real nice all cleaned up! I am going to paint the motor black, just like the Vette motor, and am thinking of painting the entire car black!

No comments: