SHC Search

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Off to the machine shop...

I wanted to get the small block off to the machine shop before the end of the year, and the trans over to ACE, and of course I forgot my camera. Aghhh. I did both today, spending some time down at Fisher's Machine, talking to Bobby about what we are doing with the enagine. He's going to rebuild it with all new parts, keeping only my castings, crank and rods.

Then I went to Ace Transmissions to drop off the Turbo 350. Chris is going to rebuild the trans and get me a better torque converter....the one I had was junk. He is also going to install the kickdown cable, which was cut off the old trans. Probably made passing a real pain in the @$$!

Anyway, the SHC garage has been busy preparing for the Chevelle. I sold my bass guitar last week for $80 in order to purchase a nice used engine hoist for $100 off of Craigslist. It was located in Brick, at Sandy Point Marine, and Tommy gave me a lift to pick it up. I cleaned up the intake manifold, power steering pump, starter, and a few parts. I'll post about them next time, if I remember. I also installed a new bolt hasp and LARGE Master lock to the garage door, just to be extra secure.

No comments: