SHC Search

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Parts and Planning

Tis the season, to plan your spring build and gather parts. I know that I should be thinking of the holidays...but I can't. It's also the time to work your tail off and save your cash for the spring swap meet, trans rebuild and machine shop work. That's what I've been trying to do lately, work and save for the Chevelle.
I stopped by Fisher Automotive and talked to Bobby about the small block rebuild, which I hope to get down to him within the next two weeks. I also talked to Chris at Ace Transmissions about the turbo 350 rebuild, and placed ads on Craigslist to sell my 4 speed and some extra parts to help pay for it all.
I've been thinking about the engine options...LS1, big block, small block, and have come to the decision to build a nice streetable small block out of my old 350 from the Stingray. I also found a used Edelbrock Performer online for only $60, so I picked it up. A new one goes for $127, and I do't mind spending a few hours cleaning up a used piece that I can get for half price.

No comments: