SHC Search

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Hideous Turn Signals

Now that you can see the nice chrome headlight, you may notice those oval-shaped turn signals. What were they thinking? BTW, did you notice the nice chrome front shock and HD decal? The decal makes the front end in my opinion.

I paid a visit to my pal Joe at Superior Cycles in Edison for a few parts, including a new ignition, some missing hardware and some stock turn signal lights for the front end.

I removed the right tank so that I could wire the signals to the correct molex connectors hiding under there, and after an hour of pulling pins and re-wiring.. I now have some beautiful round turn signals for the front. I also installed a front turn signal relocating bracket on each side so that they wouldn't hit the tanks.

While I was at it, I installed the new HD ignition switch (with a new set of keys!), put the correct bulb in for the high beam indicator, and made a few tweaks to other parts as I try to take the bad parts of the 90's out and just get back to a classic bike. The license plate bracket was big enough for a car plate, so I cut it down and made it the size for a motorcycle plate... way better. I gave her an oil change, then noticed that the float sticks occasionally if I leave the fuel petcock on and it isn't running. I ordered some new gaskets for the CV carb, and that will be the next installment.

No comments: