SHC Search

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Chrome Headlight

The black headlight was not unattractive, it just didn't go with a chrome front end. I gave it to my brother-in-law for his blacked out springer...it should be perfect for that one.

The mounting hole had been drilled out by the previous owner (gee, thanks), so I needed to drill, tap and install a heli-coil just so that I could put the stock bracket back in for the Chrome headlight. No, I didn't have it... and yes, I had to re-wire the headlight back to the stock connector. The funny thing is that with that black headlight bracket installed by the previous owner, there was no way to mount the front shock back in due to the limited space at the top shock mount now being occupied by the aftermarket headlight mount.

I'll post a pic of the chrome headlight in my next post, with the story of the replacement of the hideous turn signals. Stay tuned.

No comments: