SHC Search

Monday, January 27, 2020

'91 Springer Softail FXSTS

 
The shop is packed full, hardly any room to work... so just add another one to the mix, right? I picked up a '91 Springer Softail FXSTS which needed a little love. This model is the same as my old pal George had back when I first started riding (after I got married). It was my favorite with that chrome springer front end, and my son-in-law and his father each have one too. It was a good deal, so I couldn't pass it up.

It came with a ton of extra stock/aftermarket parts, just in case I didn't like the seat of LAF pipes. The most obvious first fix was the need of a new front shock for the Springer (it had been removed and was no longer any good), so I ordered a new one from HD. The previous owner started to "black-out" some chrome, so that also had to be corrected. Luckily there were a few Chrome parts in the boxes, including a chrome headlight... but how to install it would be a job.

No comments: