SHC Search

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Nerf War

There are a many thing that can delay the restoration of a car. Lack of funding, loss of enthusiasm, and the cold winter weather have all plagued me recently. But these are not the current issues I face with the restoration of the '66 Chevelle, no, there is something else. WAR. A Nerf War. OK, lets be honest, the war hasn't really started, just a few little outburst in the kitchen or living room, and the kids have the upper hand with the best firepower. So, I've focused my creative talents for the time being on modding a Nerf Alpha Trooper CS-18 into something like what you see below. Why? Well, it keeps my creative/artistic side happy, it's cheap, and it's fun. I picked up a bunch of cheap parts off of eBay, like a stock, extended mag, red dot scope, and even made a suppressor from some PVC and a little JB Weld. I have plenty of paint, so I'm going to have fun giving it a realistic or "steam-punk" look. I even picked up an Orange Mod Works kit to pump up the power. I think when I'm done, even Terry Crews will be impressed....

No comments: