SHC Search

Friday, September 02, 2011

Driver's Quarter

So I finally got back out to work on the 66 today. Tommy stopped by and helped me mark off the quarter panel on the driver's side, and I was able to cut out all the rust. The new panel looks as if it will fit nicely, although I first have to create a few outer wheel house edges to replace the rusty original. I'm not buying a $85 panel that no one will ever see, when I can fab and weld in some new steel. I have most of it finished, and even POR-15'd it to protect it.

Zach and I went over some of the molding pieces, and determined that the rear window molding is good, the front has dents in 4 of the 5 pieces....damn. That's about $150 if I can't fix it. We also decided to fill in the holes on the rear valance instead of using the rear emblem and moldings....it just looks cleaner. See here...

No comments: