SHC Search

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Broken 71

I came home from dinner with the family last night in the 71 Chevelle, to the sweet smell of coolant in the air. Seems my radiator and the fan shroud rubbed together and made a little hole.... so I spent most of today trying to find a radiator repair shop open on Saturday. Luckily, Jim's Radiator Service in Point Pleasant was able to fix me right up, and before long, I was back on the road. Thanks Jim!

But no, the story doesn't end there. We drive on down to Sonic for a victory dinner, and on the way home there comes this terrible sound, backfiring through the intake. I limp it home, and tear into it, only to discover a broken exhaust rocker arm, snapped in two. Seriously, and I was only doing like 30 mph. I can't seem to catch a break today...so I'm going to bed and will deal with this tomorrow.



No comments: