SHC Search

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Window Channel

I was busy on Friday and Saturday playing with my lathe (I got to remember to take a photo of it) that my pal Jason and his dad gave to me. I cut the belt to separate it from the motor and get it home, and once home realized I need to pull the main assembly completely apart to install a new belt. Not too smart. At least now I know how the entire thing works, because I field stripped and rebuilt it.

I also installed the anti-theft system, which I would love to discuss in detail...however it is probably best to say that I feel pretty secure that no one is going to figure this out. I hope Sarah will!

I finally got around to working on the rear window channel, and decided to tackle the toughest side first. I fabricated up a paper template, transferred it to metal (actually twice, the first was a bit too small) and welded it in. Click here to see the before pic of the hole. I also cleaned all the butyl tape off the glass, and got some major blisters on my fingers in the process. After I do the other side, I can start on the new floor pans, and then I really have to get into the body work.

No comments: