SHC Search

Monday, June 29, 2009

Floor'd

I finished the other corner of the rear window channel this morning, the drivers side lower. It didn't take long at all, and I of course forgot to take a pic.

I figured that I would start on the floor pans, so I removed the rest of the interior to get a better look. The passenger rear floor was not too bad, just a few small holes, so I didn't use the entire pan. I know, I know, the resto-purist are cringing at the hack job, but the rest of the floor, and bracing, and belt/seat mounts etc were OK, and I have to get this done. After all, this is going to be a driver, not a show car. Besides, I can use the leftover piece from the passenger rear to fix the passenger front ('cause I didn't buy that one). Someone tried to patch the passenger front with fiberglass, and when I picked it off today, man - what a rusty, holey mess that is. I don't know if I'll post a pic of my welded floors when I'm done, after all they are going to be under the carpet/car!

No comments: