SHC Search

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Leaky Shaft

Been busy since my last post. Got the Chevelle running and driving. I had to work pretty hard to bleed the brakes, but eventually got there. The timing was a little tricky, but now that I re-learned the art of ignition timing, I left a few burnouts in the driveway.

The power steering has been leaking from the front seal and flinging all over the place, took me a few days to figure that out. So today I pulled the pump apart, and painted all the brakets, and am getting a new pump tomorrow. All I could find was my phone, so that's why the picture is so crappy, but you get the idea. Tomorrow I'll install the new pump, and torque everything up. I also made a nice little bracket for the rear of the pump where it bolts to the head/header, so no more loose power steering brackets!

No comments: