SHC Search

Thursday, April 12, 2007

I must have issues...

Why would anyone bother to restore a part that no one would ever see??? I spent hours taking apart my heater box to fix some cracks, and while I was at it, I figured I would sandblast the heater blower and give it a light coat of cast blast paint. WHY? I guess to have the satisfaction of knowing that it was cleaned and restored and .....man, I have issues......who cares!!!

I spent a few hours sandblasting rally wheels, headers, small parts, and my eyes. Then painted these parts, which are now ready for installation.

Next step is to lay down a little fiberglass on the heater box to fix those cracks....because the parts are way to expensive to purchase, new or used. The outer cover is about $168 and the inner heater box is over $450! A little time spent here on restoring these parts is money saved for other parts.

I am off of work the entire week, and it is cold and raining. It figures.

No comments: