SHC Search

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Finally Some Paint!


It finally decided to clear up, and the sun came out, and it was in the 70's....that was the cue for me to go out and paint. I wet sanded the hard top with 220, 320, 400 and 600, fixed all the blemishes, and re-shot a little 2K to sand it all over again. (I forgot to take a photo)

I did remember to take a photo the next morning when I shot the base coat of GM Code 976 Marina Blue. The photo was taken outside after it was finished. Of course I had some problems, but sanded and re-shot until I was satisfied.


I also did the rear valance, if it didn't come out then it wouldn't take much to sand it all off.












Here is the final clearcoat! Tomorrow I will wet sand it with 1500 and see if I can buff out the orange peel.

No comments: