SHC Search

Sunday, June 21, 2015

'67 Camaro RS Headlights


When I first picked up the Camaro, the RS headlight system needed some work in order to make the doors work correctly. After much research, I finally figured the system out. There are three relays tucked up in the driver's side fender, along with a few switches and a pesky little rectifier diode up under the dash. The relays were incorrectly wired, so that was an easy fix, and I did need to replace one of the headlight door motors. Finally the rectifier diode went, because the doors would open normally but not close at all. I couldn't see any reason I should have to replace that entire harness under the dash at a cost of over $50 for one small faulty part that cost less than $1. 
It turns out that the RadioShack-276-1661 part is a perfect replacement, so I just had to run down to my local... oh wait, they closed Radio Shack stores. I quickly jumped on eBay and grabbed a 4 pack. I swapped the rectifier, covered it in the correct cloth tape, and now the headlights on the '67 Camaro RS are once again working perfectly.

No comments: