SHC Search

Friday, June 26, 2015

3100 Truck Bed


While on vacation this week, I finally got around to the new oak truck bed for the 3100. The kit I ordered from Mar-K was for a 1954, which was just a little closer to the length I was looking for. I first sanded all the wood down with 120 and again with 220 grit, and rounded the edges over slightly with a file to help the next step. I then cleared everything with a few coats of Nason automotive clear on all sides.

The installation took all day, due to the fact that this truck bed is hinged at the cab side to allow access to the suspension and fuel tank. I added a few steel straps to tie everything together with the polished stainless hardware, and it all came together rather nicely. I am now just waiting for my linear actuators to assist with the bed lifting.

No comments: