SHC Search

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Garage Makeover

After all the house has been thru with "Super Storm Sandy", we decided that the garage door needed a little attention too. Now I had replaced the old, rotten, wooden garage door with a entry level Home Depot Clopay door a few years ago, but it wasn't much to look at. It was plain, and white, and in need of a tune-up as you can see. I thought about getting a new garage door, but I didn't want to spend $800-$1500 for another door. Zach and I loosened all the mounting brackets and adjusted the door to the best of our ability. We replaced the old lock system with a new one, washed the door and touched it up with a rattle can. You can also see my door bolt, which is locked with a BIG Master lock.... helps me sleep a little easier.

I browsed the web, scooped out the neighborhood, and came up with the idea of giving the garage door a makeover. A new faux window from Home Depot for $99, a set of decorative garage door hinges and handles, and about 1/2 hour with Zach in the driveway... and the door looks new. I added my new favorite Chevrolet tin sign with a few vinyl siding hooks too. The neighbor even removed that monster tree hanging over the back of the garage today too, so no chance of it falling and crushing the Camaro now. In a few weeks we would like to cut out the concrete and re-pour a new floor in the garage entrance... it really needs it. Now if only I could find an old Tokheim gas pump to display outside of the garage, that would be awesome.


No comments: