SHC Search

Sunday, January 08, 2012

2012 - A New Year

Well it's 2012 already, and I've got to be more productive on the '66 than I was in 2011. I did go and work on the '69 Stingray with Dave this past weekend, and we were able to get it running, finally. After many unsuccessful attempts at starting the Corvette, we determined that the fuel pump was not working. So we replaced it with another used one, that didn't work, and then got a new fuel pump that did. Then we had a few fuel leaks to sort out, and a carb or two later...we almost got it. The vintage Holley still needs to be dialed in, as well as the timing, but it did start and idle with no smoke!

I started restoring a nice steering wheel I picked up for the '66 Chevelle, which also came with a column. I disassembled it, and built a nice new column with the parts I had already acquired to make it a floor shift car. Now I just need to prime and paint it.

I found this video to motivate me...

Roadster Shop '66 Chevelle at El Toro from Illking on Vimeo.

No comments: