SHC Search

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Stripping Chevelle

Now that the new engine is back from the machine shop and tucked away in the garage, I have started to strip the paint off the '66 Chevelle so that I can get busy on the bodywork. I am using Captain Lee's chemical stripper on the roof first to remove most of the paint. Then I'll clean it up and go over the whole thing with the DA when I'm done. I plan on doing the quarter panels first, then the windows, doors and fenders....at least that is the plan.

I took a break yesterday to paint an XBOX for my pal Scott, came out OK. I had a tiny bit of "Sunset Orange Pearl" from the Honda left over....just barely enough to cover the game console. Of course I always mix up too much clear-coat and then walk around and look for stuff to clear. I hate that.

No comments: