SHC Search

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Harley Tank vs. Small block

I have not blogged anything lately, because I've been busy holding up my end of the Harley paint job vs. small block swap. That is how I acquired the 350 for the '66 Chevelle. Pete had a little accident on his 2001 Harley when he was hit by a deer, and I offered to paint the bike for him. He picked out a real nice blue color, and after some extensive body repair work, we got it painted this past Saturday. I wet sanded down the tank today with 1500 grit so that he could take it to get the "Harley Davidson" air brushed on it. Then I will cover it with a few more layers of clear coat. It has been a lot of work, but worth it. I'll post a pic when it is done.

Meanwhile, over at the machine shop, Bobby has been busy rebuilding the motor. We decided to swap out the heads for some bigger valve heads, and changed the balancer/timing cover to fit the older style engine. Everything is ready, and I'll probably run down and pick it up next week.

No comments: