SHC Search

Friday, March 04, 2011

My Boy

I've blogged before about how I've always been fascinated with cars. I remember watching my grandmother race her 1967 Jaguar, or playing with my best friend Bill and our Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars. But I think that my love for the automobile is something much deeper, genetic somehow....and that the same passion has been passed on to my son, Zach. Of course, he had more environmental exposure to classic cars than most kids his age....hell, he had more exposure than most adults. He could identify most car manufacturers, knew all the muscle cars and could even tell you what type of car just passed by the sound of the exhaust when he was in elementary school.

I wanted to post a few pics of Zach, and some of our projects, as we get ready to get back to work on his first car - a 1966 Chevelle. Of course he is no longer this little boy here (he's now 15 years old, and already 6 foot tall and 190 pounds), but he will always be my best friend.

Here is Zach behind the wheel of our 1979 Camaro (with a Pat Musi small block).

We had a lot of Jeeps, and Zach learned to drive this electric Jeep like a pro. You should have seen his skills!







Zach was always willing to come out and help work on a project car, because he knew that earned him a right to sit in the passenger seat or a trip to the local cruise night.

The pic of the two of us with my 64 Stingray was taken by Tommy, and was the initial start of our friendship. He thought it was cool that Zach came to the cruise night with me, so he took our picture and gave it to us the following week. Tommy and I have been pals ever since!



Finally Zach and I are pictured with Jimmy Shine at famous SO-CAL Speed Shop in Pomona, California.

No comments: