SHC Search

Saturday, April 10, 2010

R.I.P. Bob


Today we paid our final farewell to our friend, neighbor and car enthusiast, Bob. His '29 Ford pictured here was chopped and built by Bob and his son Bobby. Although Bob had spent the past few years living away from the neighborhood (and the '29), Jimmy and Tom made sure to get the hot rod cleaned up and running so that it could go to the service today to honor him.

A few years ago, I was talking to Bob about how the shifter ball broke on my Stingray while I was racing it, and the next day he called me over to give me a beautiful billet aluminum sifter ball that he machined at his shop. I fit perfectly! When I needed some good advice on my project car, or just wanted to stop by on the way home from work, Bob was always eager to talk about the cars.

We will miss you Bob.

No comments: