SHC Search

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Rear End Questions

I bought a new rear sway bar for the Chevelle at the swap meet, and when I climbed under to see if it fit....I realized that my suspicion of this not being a Chevelle rear were true. There is no way the sway bar will fit, as there is a large bracket in the way. Now I need to figure out what rear this is from, and if I can get a bar to fit it. I took pics of my rear and Tommy's '72 and you can clearly see the difference. More to come as soon as I figure this out...

I then figured I would show Zach how to tear down a small block chevy, so we took the 283 apart to clean up the pieces. To my surprise, it was stuffed with TRW 11:1 pistons....WOW! I'm glad I didn't decide to use that for Sarah's Chevelle, but now I need to decide what to do with it.

No comments: