SHC Search

Friday, February 15, 2008

Valve Adjustment

Today I took the Vette out for a spin and to get some gas after I finished putting the glove box back in. Why was the glove box out? Well, I removed it so that I could gain access to the backside of the windshield wiper motor that still needed to be installed, which I did this past week. The only problem I had was that I wired the switch backwards, and it ran in the off position and turned off when I put it to "on". Easy fix, swap the wires back to the stock location, put the wiper arms on the outside, and button everything up.

So, what does all this have to do with today's gas run and the title of this post? I needed the gas for Monday, as I am finally taking the Vette down to get the new black soft top installed. I can't wait, and hopefully will remember to take some photos.

As for the valve adjustment...Tommy has been reminding me to check the valves, and I found an interesting link here on the subject.

No comments: