SHC Search

Sunday, November 13, 2022

VW Bus Fog Lights

Over the past few weeks, I've been looking for a set of amber fog lights for the bus. Some were just not the right size/shape, and others just way too expensive. I finally found a pair that I liked, so I started the project by heading out to the marine hardware store to pick up some wire, ends and a nice little fuse block. I ran a new 6 GA wire from the battery up to the front and mounted the fuse block under the dash. I created a new switch panel from some scrap steel and painted it the bus color. I also added switches for the fuel pump, new electric defroster and also the fog lights. I ran a Bosch relay for the fog lights, so it required two separate feeds from the new fuse block; one for the switch and one for the heavier load for the relay/fog lights. I also picked up some glow-in-the-dark labels for the new panel too.




No comments: