SHC Search

Saturday, February 13, 2021

Ceramic Coating New Wheels

 

The new Blaque Diamond BD-F25 wheels arrived from Modified Concepts, and they looked great. Now I just needed to test fit them all to make sure the backspacing was perfect, and of course it was. So they took a trip over to ACE so that Peach could mount the tires, and I ordered my ceramic coating.

The Cquartz Dlux Wheel Ceramic Coating was the next step. Since the wheels were brand new, and super clean, it was a quick prep job and the installation of the product. I was mostly concerned with getting good coverage inside the wheel, and really hope that it keeps the brake dust and road grime off, and makes it easier to clean. I wore gloves and used the nice applicator that comes with the kit. It was a bit difficult to see while applying (like clearcoat in a bottle), but it was thick and left very little if any haze to wipe off. Next day they were very smooth and slick, I doubt anything could have stuck to them.


I still haven't figured out what to do with my old wheels yet, so I packed them up in the new wheel boxes for now.

No comments: