SHC Search

Wednesday, February 05, 2020

Exhausting

Three miles... that's as far as I could ride this thing with the LAF pipes on it. Literally, around the block a few times and I never even made it to the highway. POP, BANG, POP, POP... it felt like the old Batman TV show. There was no way I could keep those pipes on. I immediately pulled them off and started cleaning and prepping the stock pipes with the Screaming Eagle slip on mufflers. I picked up some exhaust gaskets (there were not any on it before with the LAF pipes, ughh) and a new/used bracket from Joe at Superior Cycle again.

Tonight I went outside just to check if I could use the old washer/bolt/tool trick to seat the gaskets, and it went so well I put the entire exhaust on! I then pulled the plugs, and of course they were just finger tight in the heads. WTF!
I was going to stop at Harley tomorrow and get new ones, then I remembered that the bike came with some brand new Autolite Extreme Sport Iridium XS65 plugs. Just got to gap them, install them and fire it up. I can't wait to hear how it sounds.

No comments: