SHC Search

Wednesday, November 06, 2013

1971 Chevelle Suspension

I've been driving the '71 Chevelle mostly these days, and wanted to get the suspension upgraded. What I mean is that I just wanted new stock components installed, not tubular A-Arms and poly bushings etc... I want a smooth quiet ride. I did have this annoying knock in the front end, which was eliminated after a new outer tie-rod end was replaced and and new ball joints were installed, both uppers and lowers. While I was at it, I had new control arm bushings installed in the upper and lower front, as well as the lower rear control arm bushings. After the alignment, she drives great again. I wish I could do more, but the pain in my neck and back really keep me from working on the car. I've had to have friends help a lot lately.

I've also been looking at new Camaros, not that I need one. I really like the 2013 over the 2014, but what I want is sort of specific: either a black or orange 2SS with the RS package, NO sunroof with orange or black interior. I waste a lot of time looking at these, but then I drive around in the Chevelle and forget all about it. I even toyed with the idea of trading in the Chevelle or 67 Camaro for one, but that is just crazy. I should just go for a test ride and get it out of my system. Bad idea.

No comments: