SHC Search

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

1967 Camaro RS

I've been recovering from the motorcycle accident over the past few weeks, and just haven't had the enthusiasm to post anything lately. I know...pretty lame excuse, but the leg is still hurting and I don't want to blog about that. Damn, I just did it.
Anyway, I traded the '64 Stingray for a sweet 1967 Camaro RS. It is a numbers matching car that has been totally restored, and looks great. I've got a bunch of great photos to post of the restoration, maybe I'll make a video or slideshow with them. (Thanks Mike!) 
The previous owner, that would be Mike, did a great job on the body work, however there were a few things I had to fix. The radiator must have had a leak, because it was full of Bars Leak, and he added an electric fan to compensate for the resulting overheating of that crap in the cooling system. A good flushing, new thermostat and new radiator, and now she sits at 160. He also had installed an Edelbrock carb, and you need to install a  Edelbrock #9266 heat insulator gasket on those things like I did with the '71 Chevelle or the fuel will percolate when it gets hot, making hot starting a bitch. I fixed both of those items today.

The RS hideaway lights were not functioning correctly, and after a ton of research, I found out that they were wired incorrectly. The system on the '67 is electric with 3 relays and 4 limit switches and a flux-capacitor....man it is a pain to get right. I finally has it, and all I needed to do was to remove the drivers side motor and tighten up the bolt after shimming it up. Yup, I broke it. Snapped that sucker right in half. So, I'm of to the swap meet to find a new one this weekend.

No comments: