SHC Search

Friday, June 08, 2012

Red Rider...almost

I haven't posted anything recently, and if you look below you will see why. Despite the rainy weather and a lot of Diablo III, I managed to finish up the body work and paint the CB450. I found just enough red Centari acrylic enamel in the garage, and my plan was to shoot a base coat of that and to clear over top with ChromaClear. After three coats of red, I liked the outcome so much, I said' "done". 
I tweaked a few things during reassembly, like new fuel lines and clamps and some double-sided tape to keep the tank emblems on. So then I took her for a quick spin around the block, but I need to make some serious adjustments to the rearsets, which are barely functional at this point, and shifting and braking are kind of important. I guess I don't need to run out for that new helmet just yet.

2 comments:

Tom D - NH said...

Joe,
very cool... How nice to have something antique and rare compared to most of the bikes on the road.

Paint look great!

Anonymous said...

Joe,

Looks great. Awesome work as always.

Tom - NH