SHC Search

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Bodywork Started

I ran out to the body supply store early Saturday morning to get my Rage Gold body filler, some 2K primer, and DP90LF sealer. I'm not going to make the same mistake as I did on the '71, the '66 is getting a coat of epoxy sealer before the base coat! I cleaned off a few areas and started applying my filler and sanded it down. The bodywork has officially started on the 1966 Chevelle. Now I just need to keep on it, as Zach has reminded me that he is getting the keys to the '71 in 4 months. The pressure is on.

*UPDATE* I found this article "
Using Body Filler", by Reed Overson, who lives in Bismarck, North Dakota, and has been a bodyman, painter, sales rep, and technical rep for thirty years. Reed used to work as a technical sales rep for the company that makes Rage filler, and knows the chemists that developed the resin for it. Good read here!!!

No comments: