SHC Search

Saturday, October 22, 2011

66 Chevelle Mock-Up

Now that I have most of the welding done (I still need to tackle the rear window), I started to mock-up the body panels and all the large pieces. I needed to make some room in the shed anyway. The new hood has taken me a bit of time to get aligned,as well as the fenders. You figure this 45 year old Chevy has been off its frame and apart for nearly 16 years, and I know it had it's share of fender benders. Surprisingly, the most difficult thing about putting the bumpers on was trying to find some 7/16" bolts and nuts. Other than that, the bumpers fit to the frame without much of an issue. The front bumper has a bend or two, but they are both going to be replaced anyway. I even took the fuel sending unit out of the tank, and installed the gas tank. I'll replace that now, because I know it isn't going to work if I don't. Finally, I removed the rear 1/4 window on the left side, which will need to be cleaned up and installed later.

No comments: