SHC Search

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Chevelle in garage

The '66 Chevelle is now in the garage, and up on blocks. I looked at getting special jacks, or 12 ton stands, but decided to go with the concrete blocks and safety straps tied to the ceiling joist. Best part was the whopping $25 cost!

I spent a day crawling around under the car, just evaluating the condition of the floor and braces, and getting my game plan together. There is NO grease or dirt, just a bit of sand and cobwebs under the car....and lots of rust on the floor braces where they meet the inner rockers. I came across a few factory stamping numbers on the passenger inner and outer rockers that I want to keep. So, my plan is to keep as much of the good factory steel as possible, and only replace the rusted out spots. Once the floor is done, then the trunk, followed by the quarter panels, rear deck and windshield lower channel. Then, tackle the front end sheet metal. That's the plan.

No comments: