SHC Search

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Gas....running out and finding old.

This weekend was finally nice enough to uncover the Chevelle, push it around the driveway, and take some pics. I was really trying to get the Vette out for spin to use up the old gas. I took the kids for a ride around the block, and used it ALL up....I ran out of gas about six blocks from home and needed to get a little help from the neighbors. A couple of nice guys gave me a gallon, and I was able to get the Vette home again.




Take a look at some of these wacky little add-ons that the Chevelle has. I guess this little tan under-dash thingy is a heater...maybe a speaker....who knows?

Another little surprise was the hand-made power junction, due to the battery being relocated to the trunk. I will put the battery back in the engine compartment, and run the wires correctly.

The Chevelle also was a carpet delete car, I found the original green, rubber mat under the carpet. I finally checked the gas tank, and the previous owner was kind enough to leave me 11 gallons of old gas....great. After my friend Kelly dropped off a new siphon, and Nancy picked me up a LARGE gas can, I was able to get the gas out and over to Mr. Chris.


No comments: