SHC Search

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Back in Black!

I haven't documented this bike build all that well, but I have a quick update. I finally got the last part from eBay, and proceeded to finish the fabrication work last night and today. I welded the new seat bracket and tail fairing support, (and only had 3 small fires this time!) and gave them a coat of POR-15.

It was then time to prime the for the last time, and lay down 3 coats of black DuPont ChromaBase basecoat and 2 coats of 7900 ChromaClear. I have a long run on the right side of the tail (the whole side!) so I gave that part an extra coat of clear, because I will have to wet sand and buff it out tomorrow. I found this fix on YouTube. The parts are hanging from bungee cords and drying in the garage tonight. I don't recommend trying to paint them that way though, they bounce and fly all over the place as soon as you point the gun at them!


No comments: